The purpose of this document
We want to tell you how we use your personal information. In this case it relates to contact details you have provided and we use, with your agreement, to keep you informed about Pushing Ahead events or services, and other walking and cycling related programmes and services such as The Big Stroll and Walk Leader Training.
Details of Norfolk County Council’s main privacy notice can be found on their website www.norfolk.gov.uk.
Norfolk County Council (the County Council) of County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 2DH .We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO), his contact details are Geoff Connell, email@example.com. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
What information we collect and use
The information we may collect and use may include your:
- Personal details
- Organisation details
- Contact details
You have provided this information, and we ask for your assistance in keeping it up to date.
What we use the information for
To keep you informed about Pushing Ahead events and service which we do by contacting you by electronic communications including email newsletters. We also use your information to manage and evaluate the Big Stroll initiative, and to provide Walk Leader Training should you opt to use these services. This includes:
- Providing you with communications materials to promote Big Stroll activities
- Assessing uptake and use of Big Stroll materials
- Evaluating the impact of the Big Stroll campaign
- Providing certification of the successful completion of Walk Leader Training
We may also use information in other ways compatible with the above
Our legal basis for using your information
This is with your express agreement (you can withdraw this agreement at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your information with
We may also share your personal information with other organisations and public bodies, in anonymised format with:
- Health bodies
- The University of East Anglia to evaluate the programme
We share this information without your specific consent as it is reasonable and necessary to do so to fulfil our public tasks. The law imposes safeguards to protect your privacy in these circumstances, and your information is anonymous.
We will also share your information, subject to contractual and other legal safeguards, with organisations contracted by NCC to provide a service to the council or directly to you. These service providers are known as data processors and have a legal obligation under GDPR and to NCC to look after your personal information and only use it for providing that service. These organisations include:
- Our software providers
Finally, we may also share your information across different departments of the NCC, where it is necessary for our public tasks or functions to do so.
If you choose not to give personal information
You can choose not to give your personal information or withdraw your consent at any time. This means we will not be able to keep you up to date with events and services, and you will not be able to access the promotional and training resources available through the website.
How we use your information to make automated decisions
We do not use your contact details to make automated decisions.
Where we store your data
Your personal information is stored on a server provided by Nu Image Design Limited who act as a Data Processor. Nu Image Design Limited can only store your Personal Information in accordance to specific instructions given by us. Nu Image are also required to implement and appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage alteration or disclosure.
How long will we retain your information for?
In this case, we retain your information only for as long as you continue to give your agreement to the Council communicating with you to keep you informed. You can withdraw this agreement at any time and we will delete your contact details from our list.
You have rights to
- Request access to your personal information held by Pushing Ahead.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information
- Object to processing. You have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In this case, this would have the same effect as withdrawing your agreement, as above.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the rights referred to above, please contact email@example.com.